Graphic Organisers are highly flexible and effective teaching and learning tools. They can be used with students of various abilities across year levels and subject areas. Their benefits are supported by substantial research and despite having been around for several decades, have maintained their popularity and momentum with teachers and students. They can be great tools to use for thinking, planning, organisation and assessment. Graphic organisers are essential tools in the special educators’ tool kit!
- What/When/Why/Where/How to use graphic organisers
- Active engagement with various types of graphic organisers
- How graphic organisers can assist students with additional needs
- How to generate your own graphic organisers
- Opportunities to interact and share ideas and strategies