The two day workshop is specifically designed for newly appointed individual needs teachers or those who have been in the role for less than two years. The course will cover the essential elements needed to operate an effective best practice individual needs department (including gifted education).
More specifically, over the two days the course will include the following:
- Setting the context, historical perspectives and impact of legislation
- Essential elements of best practice
- Understanding Disabilities and Giftedness
- Identification and Assessment
- Record Keeping and Documentation
- Essential resources
The workshops are designed to be highly interactive and practical. Participants will have opportunities to discuss provisions, evaluate their current programs, plan and network. The workshop is suitable for primary and secondary individual needs teachers and teacher assistants and others who have been given the responsibility for students with additional learning needs.