This practical workshop is suitable for educators of students with Asperger’s Syndrome (AS). The workshop will address the following key areas:
- What is Asperger’s Syndrome? How does it commonly present in classrooms?
- Which strategies are most useful to use with students with AS? (pre-school, primary and secondary)
- How do students with AS learn best?
- Importance of social skills and play
- Motivating students with AS
- Harnessing special interests
- Managing anxiety, sensory issues and behavioural difficulties